Prev: Re: [OT] startling spam Next: Re: The GZGverse UN

Re: Beer crates, again...

From: Ryan M Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 13:40:32 -0400
Subject: Re: Beer crates, again...

At 10:21 AM -0700 7/30/02, John Atkinson wrote:

>Yes.  As a matter of fact, I played a regular card
>game with most of the coven back on Montieth.	There

???? Montieth? Is this a base? That's my sept name that I get from my
great grandfather.

>is a pretty good overlap between gamers and pagans, to

And Goths for that matter. There's a fellow in a Decontamonation/chem
platoon out at Hood that you may have come across at some point.
Matt/Nywind iirc (can't recall his last name though....)

>include my roommate.  :)  They don't do it skyclad,
>and there's a running gun battle between most pagans
>and their commanders over athames (big knives are
>generally required to be kept in the arms room), but

Probably not a huge deal, but given the habit for things in the arms
room to be played with by the gits that "guard" them, I'd be pretty
unhappy if I were pagan and had to keep it there.

How do they handle Sikhs in the US army? Sometimes one has to wonder
if in some contexts, a form of segregation would work out better. The
British army formed sepoys into specific units that allowed for some
better unit integrity. Especially with regards to the ghurkas. That
and the uniforms were able to be modified to conform to religious
practices and habits of that cultural sub group For example, sikhs
wearing the turban like head wear, retaining a smaller beard, and
wearing their ritual knife as required.

>other than that and petty (and illegal) harassment
>Wiccans have as much freedom of religion as anyone
>else.

Since the Bob Barr related flap has died down, where does that stand
now?

- Ryan Montieth Gill			     '01 Honda Insight -
- rmgill@SPAmindspring.com			    '85 CB700S -
- ryan.gill@SPAMturner.com		 '76 Chevy Monte Carlo -
- www.mindspring.com/~rmgill		       '72 Honda CB750 -
-				      '60 Daimler FV701H Mk2/3 -
-				   '42 Daimler Scout Car Mk II -
-	 The director of Home Security encourages you to       -
-	   turn in your neighbor & spy on your friends.        -
-  C&R-FFL  /  Protect your electronic rights!	  \ EFF-ACLU   -

Prev: Re: [OT] startling spam Next: Re: The GZGverse UN