Prev: Unsubbing for a while Next: Re: [OT] startling spam

Re: [gzg fiction] News Reports from the GZGVerse

From: Indy <kochte@s...>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 07:52:46 -0400
Subject: Re: [gzg fiction] News Reports from the GZGVerse

Brian Burger wrote:

> On Mon, 29 Jul 2002, Indy wrote:
>
> > Some of the latest news reports from the GZGVerse:
> >
> > Asteroid smashes into passenger liner, killing dozens:
> > http://www.bcpl.net/~indy/full-thrust/gzg-news11.html
> >
> > Oceanic Union special forces capture space pirates:
> > http://www.bcpl.net/~indy/full-thrust/gzg-news12.html
>
> Hey, 25mm beer crates really do equal quasi-immortality. From the
above
> news story: "[the vessel] been chartered by Fulton Shipping." :>

The list can be a great resource for ideas. Thank you. Fulton
Shipping will have to appear in another news story at some point.

> Cool stuff, Indy. Are any of these based off games you've played?

A couple. Some are purely made up off the top of my head. The rest
are derived from real news stories. The above pirate story, for example,
is based off of an actual incident in which a Shell tanker had been
hijacked last summer near Indonesia (though to my knowledge there was
no firefight). I thought this would make for a great FMA scenario
someday (whenever I, or someone else, gets around to writing up the
details and stats ;-), and definitely adds character and flash to the
GZGVerse in general.

Prev: Unsubbing for a while Next: Re: [OT] startling spam