Prev: Re: [DS] Some questions from this weekend Next: Re: [DS] Some questions from this weekend

Re: [DS] Some questions from this weekend

From: Indy <kochte@s...>
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2002 09:48:03 -0400
Subject: Re: [DS] Some questions from this weekend

John Atkinson wrote:
[...]
> > >Especially considering that according the the dumb
> > grunt reading over my
> > >shoulder,
> > >a 4-man fireteam of 'Merican infantry could easily
> > be carrying 8 AT-4s
> > >without breaking a sweat.
> >
> > You're the one who wanted to reduce the 60-lb combat
> > carry; 2 AT4s per man
> > is about half that load already. Then you have
> > rifle+ammo, water and
> > possibly body armour on top of that as
> > "must-haves"... if you're not to
> > exceed 60 lbs per man, who carries the SAW and the
> > M203? Not to mention the
> > fancy battlefield electronics? <g>
>
> He was also mentioning that his combat load is pretty
> close to his 160lb body weight.  :)

*shakes head in disbelief*
How can he maneuver?? Man, I know I suck in the physical fitness
environment (as testiment I was just on Mt Rainier a week and a
half ago with a 70-75 lbs pack - ugh!!!), but carrying close to
his body weight?? I want him on my next mountaineering expedition!
He can carry the damned rope (and tent, and food, and fuel, and...)

Prev: Re: [DS] Some questions from this weekend Next: Re: [DS] Some questions from this weekend