Prev: Re: REALITY CHECK TIME! Next: Re: [SG2] Vehicles and Heavy Weapons

Re: REALITY CHECK TIME!

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@a...>
Date: Sat, 20 Jul 2002 00:35:48 -0500
Subject: Re: REALITY CHECK TIME!

On Fri, 19 Jul 2002 16:11:20 +0900, Edward Lipsett
<translation@intercomltd.com> wrote:

>There are many types of interlock... I could design a mechanical
interlock
>with considerably better reliability than the door. Either of them.
>AND make it removable in about 3 s with a quick kick.

But it would also have to be able to _not_ open if some guy ends up
falling on
it with all of his weight and/or the butt of his gun. It wouldn't
surprise me
to learn that someone has thought of an interlock for it, but the
interlock
was seen as another point of failure.

http://www.hyperbear.com

unimaginable mortician was revealed!"
 - from the Random H.P. Lovecraft Story Generator:

Prev: Re: REALITY CHECK TIME! Next: Re: [SG2] Vehicles and Heavy Weapons