Prev: Re: [SG] GMS vs. Infantry Next: Re: [SG] [DS] Mr. Atkinson's feedback :)

Re: [SG2] Vehicles and Heavy Weapons

From: Oerjan Ohlson <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2002 18:30:08 +0200
Subject: Re: [SG2] Vehicles and Heavy Weapons

TomB wrote:

>If anyone has seen modern weapons stabilization (let alone that of
2183),
>I can't
>imagine why you'd penalize a fire on the move.
>You might argue it from game balance, but that shouldn't be required.
What
>are the hazards of movement? Being spotted (easier), having a harder
time
>spotting (very bad),

Does SGII have a separate "spotting" mechanic which penalises you if you
move?

If it doesn't, then the spotting bit would seem to be included in the
shooting mechanic... in which case it is perfectly realistic to penalize
fire on the move. If you "miss" due to the penalty, it was probably
because
you didn't see the target in the first place :-/

DSII obviously handles things this way, BTW - if the hit probabilities
are
taken as the simple *hit* probabilities (with spotting assumed to be
automatically successful), they are ridiculously low.

>3) Adrian has [...]

>3) Another interesting [...]

A more normal sequence would be "1, 2, 3, *4*, ..." without the double
"3",
but we all know that TomB isn't entirely normal ;-)

Later,

Oerjan
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.

Prev: Re: [SG] GMS vs. Infantry Next: Re: [SG] [DS] Mr. Atkinson's feedback :)