Prev: Re: REALITY CHECK TIME! Next: Re: REALITY CHECK TIME!

painting supremacy vehicles

From: "Thomas Barclay" <kaladorn@m...>
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2002 02:47:33 -0400
Subject: painting supremacy vehicles

I have played (and own) more supremacy junk
than I like to think about. I'm looking for an
excuse to break out the mushrooms for DS2 or
laserlight's soon to be released (yeah sure)
operational scale rules....

Anyway, I'd suggest you take a test vehicle, get
some decent primer (I think I use armouries
stuff) and prime the thing. Let the paint dry. I
have had problems getting primer to stick to
toys before in that it gives a bit patchy
coverage. But it still offers a pretty good
coverage for most of the surface. Then paint
onto that. The only way to help that I can think
of is take some fine grain sandpaper and very
lightly sand the surface of the plastic to try to
remove the smoothness of the outer surface,
thus giving the primer something to grip on.
That might work.

Some plastics just don't like holding paint.
Some of the 1/72 or 1/76 scale plastic army
men are hard plastic, others are a softer kind
that loves to flake off paint. Such seems to be
the way of the world and not much to do about
it....

T.
Thomas Barclay
Co-Creator of http://www.stargrunt.ca
Stargrunt II and Dirtside II game site

No Battle Plan Survives Contact With Dice.
-- Mark 'Indy' Kochte

Prev: Re: REALITY CHECK TIME! Next: Re: REALITY CHECK TIME!