Prev: Re: [SG] More questions from the weekend Next: Re: [SG] Discussion about weekend questions - Vehicle HW's

Re: Painting Question

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@a...>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 14:09:43 -0500
Subject: Re: Painting Question

On Thu, 18 Jul 2002 10:12:36 -0400, "David Reeves"
<davidar@nortelnetworks.com> wrote:

>2. acrylic paint: requires the plastics washed with dish
detergent/water to
>remove the injection mold oils.  no washing can cause thinning,
bubbles,
>etc.

Umm... you _are_ priming the figure, aren't you? I've had no problems
painting
resin, plastic, or lead with acrylics as long as I prime them with a
half
decent (though not necessarily expensive) primer. I have never bothered
wash them in dish detergent (though I've read often that you should). I
just
trim flash, etc., prime, paint, and the coat with a couple of layers of
matte
coat.

http://www.hyperbear.com

unimaginable mortician was revealed!"
 - from the Random H.P. Lovecraft Story Generator:

Prev: Re: [SG] More questions from the weekend Next: Re: [SG] Discussion about weekend questions - Vehicle HW's