Prev: Re: IFV doors Next: RE: Reactive Armor

re: Painting Question

From: "David Reeves" <davidar@n...>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 10:12:36 -0400
Subject: re: Painting Question

Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 23:25:50 -0400
From: Ray Forsythe <erf2@wombatzone.com>
Subject: Painting Question

Anybody here ever played Supremacy?

I just bought 40 of the plastic tank miniatures for this game, with
plans of

doing up an armor company or two, and I was curious if anyone has any
tips
on
what paint will stick to the plastic best?
<<<<<<<<<<

I have seen and done two ways to paint plastics.

1. enamel paint: the hassle here is the paint clean up with some
thinning
solvent, like turpentine.

2. acrylic paint: requires the plastics washed with dish detergent/water
remove the injection mold oils.  no washing can cause thinning, bubbles,
etc.

3. buy lead miniatures instead

since I have tons of acrylics and turpentine gives me a headache, I
choose 2
& 3.

Prev: Re: IFV doors Next: RE: Reactive Armor