Prev: Re: [SG] Discussion about weekend questions Next: Re: REALITY CHECK TIME!

[SG] More on APCs

From: "Thomas Barclay" <kaladorn@m...>
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 21:20:03 -0400
Subject: [SG] More on APCs

Allan said:

Okay, but aren't you then getting three
actions with two squads out of one player's
activation?

[Tomb] Yep, but never actually seen this
particular case as a problem.

 Admittedly this is far less of a problem
because you have overwatch rules, but
for players playing without overwatch,
won't this cause a problem? Move a squad,
embark, move?

[Tomb] Which is more of a problem than
move a squad, embark, pause, double
move or double move, (or move and
shoot), pause, move, embark. (Or if you're
within 6" of the vehicle, skip any infantry
moves?). Yeah, maybe a little. Can't
imagine playing without an overwatch rule
myself, so guess I can't see the problem ;)

 Again, it brings up my point that an
organic vehicle is still penalized for being
part of the squad when it should probably
get a bonus.

[Tomb] I've never used an "organic"
vehicle, in that I draw a distinction
between a TO&E distinction and that of the
game. In the game, they are separate units
(IMO) even though the TO&E may reflect
differently.

Another question: if a squad moves and
embarks, and the vehicle then moves,
shouldn't that trigger Reaction Fire as
per the regular SG2 rules?

[Tomb] I'd agree with that. Entirely.

[Tomb] On the other matter, when I do a
squad engagement of a target, if I decide
to fire my GMS at it, it eats another action.
Doesn't that strike you as odd too? The Sgt
says "everyone shoot that jeep". If
everyone had a rifle, it only takes half the
available time. If one guy has a GMS, his
shot takes the rest.... hmmmm. Something
tells me this exists due to the different
mechanic and possibly game balance rather
than any realistic depiction.

[Tomb] I'm also going to look at the on-
table artillery rules to see what can be put
together form that perspective. I like the
idea of it (don't know yet about the
implementation as these rules don't get
used a lot....).

Thomas Barclay
Co-Creator of http://www.stargrunt.ca
Stargrunt II and Dirtside II game site

No Battle Plan Survives Contact With Dice.
-- Mark 'Indy' Kochte

Prev: Re: [SG] Discussion about weekend questions Next: Re: REALITY CHECK TIME!