Prev: [SG] Stargrunt WW2 Next: RE: [SG] more ww2

Re: US Steppe cammo ?

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 15:40:27 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: US Steppe cammo ?

--- KH.Ranitzsch@t-online.de wrote:

> Assume a fight in some country that is mostly
> steppe/prairie/pampa/savanna/open grassland. What
> would the vehicle
> camouflage pattern for US vehicles be ?

Um, how much lead time are we talking about?

You gotta figure that if there's only a month or two,
then there's not going to be much repainting.

It also really doesn't matter exactally what color
they are painted since they'll be crap-brown from the
dirt anyway.

But at any rate, no one remembers how to do those old
4-color patterns and I doubt that would be practical.
In fact, very few people in the US Army remember
hand-painting vehicles at all.	We have paint booths
which do that full-time.

John

Prev: [SG] Stargrunt WW2 Next: RE: [SG] more ww2