Prev: RE: [SG] more ww2 Next: Enhanced sensors

Tech R&D tracker

From: Edward Lipsett <translation@i...>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 13:40:17 +0900
Subject: Tech R&D tracker

I have been working on a Windows application (VB6) that will be able to
keep
track of technology trees (what technologies are needed to develop a
given
technology, and what technologies are possible from a given technology),
along with investments and state of progress for each.

I am designing it so that essentially any set of technologies can be
included. Specifically, I am thinking of making one up through Y2K, and
another to handle tech development for 2300AD colonies. It can be
adjusted
to handle three fixed resources (time, labor, capital) and 6
user-defined
resources. The data chart is a tab-delimited file (most easily accessed
in
Excel) which can be edited in any text editor. For testing purposes, I
have
input a portion of the technology chart from Galactic Battlegrounds (so
the
only resources used are carbon, ore, nova and food).

It is still not at all complete, but enough of it is done that you can
see
where I'm heading.
Is anyone interested in helping me design the application (although I
think
it is pretty clear where I want to go with it, because it is designed
only
to keep track of the tree and current progress), and ESPECIALLY is there
anyone interested in helping develop tech trees?

In addition to the application, you will need the VB6 library (included
with
most recent Windows installations) and two OCX libraries (Spread 3.0
from
Farpoint and DTlist from Greentree), all of which I can supply.

Edward Lipsett

Prev: RE: [SG] more ww2 Next: Enhanced sensors