Prev: Re: SF Sniper rifle Next: Re: Multi-genre Dirtside II at conventions...

Multi-genre Dirtside II at conventions...

From: Flak Magnet <flakmagnet@t...>
Date: 11 Jul 2002 15:56:14 -0400
Subject: Multi-genre Dirtside II at conventions...

    Note:  This has been send out to two seperate mailing lists, so if
    you get multiple copies, or your email filters go wonky on you, I
    apologize.

I am interested in developing a "curriculum" so to speak of Dirtside II
games that will demonstrate the flexibility of the system to simulate
games of multiple genres, preferably widely varied genres.

What I have in mind is to run three different games, each with different
scenarios, one showing how DSII can do WWII conflicts, the second
representing modern conflicts, and the final scenario showing a
futuristic conflict.

I'd like each game to really show Dirtside II in all its glory, while
still providing a good "feel" for the genre being played.  I want to
avoid the only real difference between the scenarios being the models
played with.  In fact, it would kind of be ideal if the stats between
scenarios kind of reflected how much better an Abrams is than a Tiger,
and how much better a Bolo MkIV is than an Abrams.  While someone would
be more than welcome to participate in all three games, it shouldn't be
necessary for them to appreciate the goodness that is DSII...

I'll have time for play-testing and whatnot before I really try to start
showing this at cons, so I'm no pressed for time.  What I'm asking for
is input on what to consider, look out for, avoid or include to make
this thing a success.

Comments?  Opinions?

--

--Flak Magnet
Hive Fleet Jaegernaught

"...why I'm so sympathetic to the monsters. The answer is simple.

Prev: Re: SF Sniper rifle Next: Re: Multi-genre Dirtside II at conventions...