Prev: [OFFICIAL] July Specials! Next: Re: HTML Help (wasRe: New GZG Photo Gallery)

Re: HTML Help (wasRe: New GZG Photo Gallery)

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@a...>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 15:33:15 -0500
Subject: Re: HTML Help (wasRe: New GZG Photo Gallery)

On Mon, 8 Jul 2002 20:47:33 -0700 (PDT), Brian Burger
<yh728@victoria.tc.ca>
wrote:

>Even better, the latest version (5.0) is entirely Java-based, so it'll
run
>on *any* system and the customisability has gone thru the roof. It's a
>great program. The Windows-only 4.0 is a bit less intimidating, though.

I loaded version 5, the Java version, earlier this afternoon. I just
uninstalled it and reinstalled 4. It looks like I'd have to do more work
than
I really need to get it looking like the old version. I don't like the
way it
looks, and it's much slower than the previous version. It's also much
bigger
in hard drive space, since you need the Java 2 runtime to make it work.

I can sympathize with his anti-Microsoft stance, but going with a
look-and-feel different from other Microsoft products has negative
aspects. I
just did _not_ like 5 and I'm a huge fan of 4. Maybe there's something
special
about 5 I'm missing, but I didn't like it one bit and didn't see much
added
functionality.

http://www.hyperbear.com

unimaginable mortician was revealed!"
 - from the Random H.P. Lovecraft Story Generator:

Prev: [OFFICIAL] July Specials! Next: Re: HTML Help (wasRe: New GZG Photo Gallery)