Prev: Re: The new US Army APC the Stinger Next: RE: [Campaign] Criteria

Re: [SG2] Assaulting from IP

From: Roger Books <books@j...>
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2002 13:09:35 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: [SG2] Assaulting from IP

On  2-Jul-02 at 11:09, KH.Ranitzsch@t-online.de
(KH.Ranitzsch@t-online.de)
wrote: > Allan Goodall schrieb:
> > Let's assume we want the probability of passing a single
> > test to be about the same as passing 2 tests.
>
> > I think +1 is sufficient.
>
> The examples you discussed with a +1 all had a better probability of
> success than two separate tests. So this is on the generous side. From
> what I have occasionally read, many consider SG morale to be somewhat
> over-generous. If you think so, too, you may prefer the +2 modifier.

I don't think the entire morale rules to be over-generous.  Just
the part where if you chip away in tiny bits morale is not an
issue.

OTH, if you want to talk broken morale you could houserule no
morale checks until 50% or greater casualties and it would
have no affect on a DSII game.

Prev: Re: The new US Army APC the Stinger Next: RE: [Campaign] Criteria