Prev: Re: pet peeve of mine Next: Re: [OT] The dangers of believing mass media "journalists" when they drool on themselves while pontificating on military affairs of which they are completely ignorant, was Re: The new US Army APC the "Stinger"

From: Scott Siebold <gamers@a...>
Date: Mon, 01 Jul 2002 23:44:49 -0500
Subject: Re: [OT] The dangers of believing mass media "journalists" when they drool on themselves while pontificating on military affairs of which they are completely ignorant, was Re: The new US Army APC the "Stinger"

>At 8:55 PM -0700 6/30/02, John Atkinson wrote:
>
>>--- Scott Siebold <gamers@ameritech.net> wrote:
>>
>>> I saw a broadcast on CNN about the new wheeled APC
>>>
>>Do you really want my opinion on CNN's level of
>>military expertise?
>>

>I work here and I'll agree with John here. The ex-Nato Commander
>General Clark is good, but he's a Zoomie as I recall. I wish we had
>John Ringo on our channel as a military commentator rather than him
>being over on Fox.

I filter the news. If it sounds stupid it is probably the reporters. If
it sounds fantastic it is probably
the government (US Army in this case) PR. What ever is left is the info
the others are based on.
so    $4 billion - first iteration of money needed
	2100 - how many can be bought at price quoted (first iteration)
	$2 million per vehicle - reporters math or price of basic
version
	can go 60+ miles per hour - that's how fast the vehicle could go

on level ground in perfect condition
						   needless to say it
would be death ride in combat
what I didn't quote
       the problem with vehicle stopping machinegun fire has been fixed
- I did not touch this one.