Prev: Re: [OT] Linking Ammo Next: Re: Incredible Regenerating Elder Races, was Re: Poisoning the Savasku

Re: Incredible Regenerating Elder Races, was Re: Poisoning the Savasku

From: "Robin Paul" <Robin.Paul@t...>
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2002 01:43:17 +0100
Subject: Re: Incredible Regenerating Elder Races, was Re: Poisoning the Savasku

----- Original Message -----
From: <Beth.Fulton@csiro.au>
To: <gzg-l@csua.berkeley.edu>
Sent: Monday, July 01, 2002 1:18 AM
Subject: RE: Incredible Regenerating Elder Races, was Re: Poisoning the
Savasku
SNIP
> > Besides, my cultures are grown in what are
> > effectively microwave ovens.  First sign of trouble,
> > and they get cooked.
>
> Unfortunately that doesn't work on 100% of the animal world... my
personal
> favourite being the tardigrade (survives microwaves, pure acid, 100s
of
> years of desiccation....)
>
> > And we'd have surgically implanted self-destruct
> > bombs in the aliens in our labs.  They go boom
> > if they leave the area of their cage.
>
> Well if the self-destruct has.... I can just imagine the look on your
face
> when you walk into find a lab full of cages with happy little
self-destruct
> bombs sitting in them, but no aliens. Sentient beings may just figure
out
> how to get such bombs out, and by the sounds of it SV may also be the
kind
> of organism that could parcel off and potentially even eject such a
foreign
> body. I think it would be the case of taking a level 4 biohazard and
ramping
> up several orders of magnitude!
>
> Cheers
> Beth

"Who goes there?" aka "The Thing"!

Have you ever noticed- Tardigrades are really cute, harmless wee
craters,
and yet people have dedicated so much effort into discovering the outer
limits of their toughness? I think it should stop, before we suffer the
karmic invasion of the 8-legged teddy-bears of doom, and they start
experimenting on our squishability...
:-)

Rob Paul

Prev: Re: [OT] Linking Ammo Next: Re: Incredible Regenerating Elder Races, was Re: Poisoning the Savasku