Prev: Re: Poisoning the Savasku Next: OK, you guys win. . .

Incredible Regenerating Elder Races, was Re: Poisoning the Savasku

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2002 18:58:35 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Incredible Regenerating Elder Races, was Re: Poisoning the Savasku

--- Laserlight <laserlight@quixnet.net> wrote:
> > --- Alan and Carmel Brain <aebrain@webone.com.au>
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > I think the problem's more likely that it's far,
> far
> > > too easy <to keep SV cultures alive>.
>

> The NRE Diplomatic Corps replied:
> > Hogwash.  We've established that a powerful enough
> > particle beam will fry a Savasku (if your
> background
> > says that beam weapons are particle beams).
>
> Yes, it's *possible* to kill them.  But if your shot
> scatters bits
> around, and you don't go back and clean up each of
> the bits, and those
> bits regenerate...

I don't know about you, but I really don't buy that
theory.  Otherwise they'd be effectively unkillable.

Unless you douse the bodies in Alchemist's Fire or
acid after each. . .

Wait, those are D&D Trolls.

Anyway, not likely for an advanced organism (starfish,
I believe, are the highest organism that can regrow
arms, and none can regrow completely from a skin
scraping).  Besides, my cultures are grown in what are
effectively microwave ovens.  First sign of trouble,
and they get cooked.  You see, we are descended from
people who actually watched Aliens.  We even own the
DVD set.  It's a required viewing in Advanced
Xenobiological Procedures. . . And we'd have
surgically implanted self-destruct bombs in the aliens
in our labs.  They go boom if they leave the area of
their cage.

John

Prev: Re: Poisoning the Savasku Next: OK, you guys win. . .