Prev: Re: Acronym Overload Next: RE: [OT] USAF plane nomenclature

[SG2] Assaulting from IP

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 22:35:46 -0400
Subject: [SG2] Assaulting from IP

We played a short game of SG tonight, the ambush scenario from the
back of the book.  The road went through woods and brush, with a
bridge over a small stream.  While Josh was out of the room, I set out
counters for mines, dummies, and my squads, and we begin..  My GMS/P
disabled the second APC just before the bridge ( I do see, John, what
you mean about GMS/P being useless--fortunately I roll well), and its
surviving squaddies bailed out.  Unfortunately for them, I had a squad
under the bridge--they saw my squad but couldn't do anything about it.

Three of them, seven of mine so I decided to close assault.  Now, you
have to declare close assault before anything else, so I'm starting
with my squad In Position.  I passed the reaction test to launch the
assault, and as it happens I also passed the
"leave-IP-and-move-in-one-action" test.  But what if I hadn't?	Would
I just try again--failing twice just means we're eager to close to
hand to hand, but too clumsy to climb out from under the bridge?  Or

Prev: Re: Acronym Overload Next: RE: [OT] USAF plane nomenclature