Prev: Re: Magic Wash Next: Re: Magic Wash

Re: [DS] Photographing Minis

From: Donald Hosford <Hosford.Donald@a...>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 14:24:30 -0400
Subject: Re: [DS] Photographing Minis

I have fiddled a bit with these camera things also.
(You see, I do tinker with "LEGO" sets, and I have been trying to take
pics of my creations...)

I have a DSP-100 (a VERY cheap digital camera.)
No LCD on the back.  I only used it attached to my laptop with USB.
I would adjust the camera, take the pic, download the image to my laptop
to view it, and repeat.
Long and tedious -- but it works.

My most recent camera is a Camedia D-100 (a 1.3 megapixel REAL camera)
This one is so easy to use.  It has an LCD monitor on the back, with a
"real time" mode.
You just point and click.
This one has a slot for a smart media card.  I put the maximum size card
I could find: 128 MB
(Yes, This means I can take something like 1350 640x480 pictures...Stop
motion video anyone?)
Has an USB connection.	The computer treats it as a hard drive!  Makes
getting the pics easy.
This thing was on sale a couple of months ago.
(Jeez I sound like a commercial...)

Donald Hosford