Prev: Re: Another OPERATION NIGHTMARE Next: RE: [sg] platoon stuff and combat engineers

Re: Re: (DSII) Using Epic Space Marine 2nd ed & World Map

From: Daryl Lonnon <dlonnon@f...>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 16:31:26 -0600 (MDT)
Subject: Re: Re: (DSII) Using Epic Space Marine 2nd ed & World Map

Ian Murphy wrote:

> Last time I was in GW they told me I could still mail order the Guard
> sprues. Have you looked at that? they are still in the mail order
catolog in
> the shops. At least in the UK.

FYI,

They are no longer making anymore plastic sprues.  They are just selling
their leftovers.  Apparently they purchased a new plastic casting
machine, and they no longer want to run the old one (which is the
one that runs the epic molds), they also don't sell enough epic to
make recasting the molds worthwhile.  So if you're going to buy any,
buy them soon.	Also, from what I can tell, USA and UK have different
levels of stock (so just because the US mailorder troll says he doesn't
have any left, the UK might and vice versa).

The models should be available at some future date cast in metal (with
a price increase :( ).	Currently the sprues are surprisingly
affordable (1.50 pounds per sprue (about 60 6mm miniatures) in the
UK and 3.00 dollars in the US).

Prev: Re: Another OPERATION NIGHTMARE Next: RE: [sg] platoon stuff and combat engineers