Prev: Re: Re: (DSII) Using Epic Space Marine 2nd ed Next: RE: Re: Patrol vs. the Cave Dudes

Re: [sg] platoon stuff and combat engineers

From: Roger Books <books@j...>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 08:31:36 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: [sg] platoon stuff and combat engineers

On 25-Jun-02 at 23:38, Ryan Gill (rmgill@mindspring.com) wrote:
> At 11:13 PM -0400 6/25/02, Roger Books wrote:
> >
> >How about something that attaches itself to metal with
> >a super adhesive with a cacoon made from a single
> >carbon fiber molecule?  It's a wasp analog that preys
> >on titanium shelled snails.	It not only gums up the
> >works but can bore 1/4 inch through any known alloy...
>
> And this evolved how?

As a way of dealing with titanium covered snails, which
evolved as a way for the snails to avoid predators.

How about a tree with microfibers covering it? the
fibers carry a neurotoxin and float through air.

This evolved how?  If you want to start the "This
evolved how?" tact I'm sure some of the biologists
can come up with some real world examples that are
not immediately apparent as to what caused them to
come into being.  I know some of the Australian
wildlife (such as the above tree) has left me
thinking "How the #$&& did that come to be?"

Prev: Re: Re: (DSII) Using Epic Space Marine 2nd ed Next: RE: Re: Patrol vs. the Cave Dudes