Prev: Re: [DS] Photographing Minis Next: RE: Metal transport (was: platoon stuff and combat engineers)

Re: [sg] platoon stuff and combat engineers

From: Roger Burton West <roger@f...>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 07:58:38 +0100
Subject: Re: [sg] platoon stuff and combat engineers

On Wed, Jun 26, 2002 at 12:17:55AM -0400, Laserlight wrote:
>This reminds me, we need to design the SaVasku boarding constructs
>some time.

"I was expecting... I dunno, a big spider or squid or something. I've
seen the spikeys often enough, got a feel for the way their ships move.

"But when this thing burned through the lock... it just stood there for
about half a second, pulling its acid-sprayers back into its body, and
we had nothing to compare it with. Yes, it had chitin armour. Yes, it
had tentacles. But it just looked _alien_.

"Didn't keep us from shooting it, of course. The armour was heavily
sloped, and we got ricochets all over the place until Smithy brought up
his PIG. _I'm_ not going to ask how he got that thing out of the
armoury. That made enough of a hole in the armour that the rest of us
could get some shots in...

"Oh, and meanwhile the bastard was moving, at least as fast as we could
manage - seemed to be sprouting limbs in all directions, so it could
haul itself along a wall or a ceiling as easily as a floor. Dodged
around a lot, too. And with all that muscle behind the limbs, they
weren't something you wanted to get close to, as too many of us found
out.

"Five plasma bolts later, plus sustained fire from the survivors, and we
took it down. Then the other five came through."

Prev: Re: [DS] Photographing Minis Next: RE: Metal transport (was: platoon stuff and combat engineers)