Prev: Re: CHINOOK DOWN & OPERATION NIGHTMARE Next: Re: Titanium snails

Re: The GZG Digest V2 #1225

From: Scott Siebold <gamers@a...>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 00:55:46 -0500
Subject: Re: The GZG Digest V2 #1225

>Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 22:24:13 -0400
>From: Ray Forsythe <erf2@gte.net>
>Subject: Re: Patrol vs. the Cave Dudes
>
>John Atkinson wrote:
>
>>--- Laserlight <laserlight@quixnet.net> wrote:
>>
>>>From: Ray Forsythe <erf2@gte.net>

>>>Please note that I was NOT the one, this time, to
>>>suggest using 6mm figs for StarGrunt--although it's so eminently
>>>logical that it hardly needs to be suggested anyway, ie it should be
>>>obvious.
>>>

>(Why do I have the sinking feeling I'm walking into something here?)
>
>Uhhh. . .
>
>Anyone got about 2-3 batallions of 6mm power armor
>based individually?
>
>John
>

>Ah. Well that would be a problem. I was thinking in terms of using the
2/3/4 6mm
>infantry stands (since Stargrunt seems to be primarily squads shooting
at
>squads) and trade out the stands to "make change for units" if you
break off
>detachments and such.

In 6mm I have one bn. of power armor (mounted individually), and one bn.

of  Infantry  (mounted at 2 to 1) that
are PAINTED. I have another 2 human and 2 alien battalions waiting for
the brush..

I mounted my power armor (PA) individually  due to a higher level of
training and equipment then the straight Infantry..
I give them a hit point of  2 (by dirtside II) when fired at as armor or

infantry target.

My Infantry is mounted 4/5 figures per stand (7 to 11 man squads) with 4

figure squads having hit point of 3
and 5 figure squads having hit point of 4. Most special weapons, special

forces and command stands are mounted
2 figures per stand (hit point of 2)

The big advantage for PA is they have 7 fire elements per squad, 23 per
platoon where straight infantry has 1
fire element per squad and 5/4 per platoon (cmdr + 4 squads or cmdr + 3
squads for different size squads). The
big disadvantage for PA is that they are brittle and must dice off for
availability (95% on initial landing for example
while 25% after having been used continuously for 72 hours).

I have the TO&E  for my PA and infantry battalions if interest (not
flame sort) is shown.

Scott Siebold

Prev: Re: CHINOOK DOWN & OPERATION NIGHTMARE Next: Re: Titanium snails