Prev: Re: [HIST] Japanese Culture shock Next: Re: [HIST] Japanese Culture shock

Re: [HIST] Japanese Culture shock

From: Derk Groeneveld <derk@c...>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 00:16:40 +0200 (CEST)
Subject: Re: [HIST] Japanese Culture shock

On Tue, 25 Jun 2002, Ryan M Gill wrote:

> And as I said, what people know of from the movies takes place in
> these later periods not the far earlier periods. Tsubaki Sanjuro and
> Yojibo take place in post 1600 Japan.

You are of course aware this is a silly argument?

"Yeah, sure, HISTORICALLY it spanned from 1000 onwards, but MOVIES only
cover the later period" "Therefore my statement that samurai were not
around at the same time as knights is correct" ????

If one would believe movies, then the medieval period is a time that I
can
not account for by studying history at all, as movies represent some
silly
fantasy crap.

Cheers,

Prev: Re: [HIST] Japanese Culture shock Next: Re: [HIST] Japanese Culture shock