Prev: Re: [HIST] Japanese Culture shock Next: Re: [HIST??] Culture shock

Re: [HIST] Japanese Culture shock

From: Roger Burton West <roger@f...>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 16:14:58 +0100
Subject: Re: [HIST] Japanese Culture shock

On Tue, Jun 25, 2002 at 08:08:17AM -0700, John Atkinson wrote:
>Put 150 French Gendarmes, Polish Knights, Military
>Order Brother Knights, or even Italians on a flat
>level field with 150 Samurai on the other end of the
>field and every Samurai would be either dead or
>fleeing the field at a high rate of speed.

Ah, but isn't that a special case of the soldier (teamworker) versus
warrior (individualist) argument? I don't think anyone would dispute
that, other factors being equal, the group of soldiers will beat the
group of warriors, but individually it's the other way round.

Prev: Re: [HIST] Japanese Culture shock Next: Re: [HIST??] Culture shock