Prev: Re: Patrol vs. the Cave Dudes Next: Re: [DS2] New mecha and tracks

Re: [HIST] Japanese Culture shock

From: Ryan Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 10:30:04 -0400
Subject: Re: [HIST] Japanese Culture shock

At 7:28 AM +0200 6/25/02, Derk Groeneveld wrote:
>The katana was NOT designed to deal with plate armour. The european
sword
>was designed to be able to deal with armour comparable to the japanese
>armour. And as for martial arts prowess, nothing I have seen so far
>indicates that european martial arts and the training a knight received
>was at all inferior to the japanese stuff. Regardless what martial arts
>movies may have one believe ;)

Everyone should know you don't use Samurai against knights (wrong
time period). You use them against Cowboys (evil ones) and Indians.
The man with funny hair, dressed in women's pyjamas and carrying a
big sword, leads the bandits to overconfidence.

See the Mifune/Bronson movie Soleil Rouge.

Ryan Gill			  rmgill@mindspring.com
	|	 |

Prev: Re: Patrol vs. the Cave Dudes Next: Re: [DS2] New mecha and tracks