Prev: RE: [HIST??] Culture shock Next: RE: [HIST??] Culture shock

Re: [HIST??] Culture shock

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 10:44:05 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: [HIST??] Culture shock

--- Laserlight <laserlight@quixnet.net> wrote:

> To some extent, yes.	If you think your're facing IF
> troops, you'll
> know you can't stand around in the open even beyond
> rifle range,
> because they always have mortars on call.  On the
> other hand, they
> don't stand up well to close assault (+1 penalty to
> morale check to
> initiate or receive).
> If you then find you're facing fedayeen

Of course, if they are fedayeen they will be quickly
identified by their light use of heavy weapons and the
fact that they are getting badly outshot.  At which
point, you take up a hasty defensive position and drop
artillery on them.  Their reaction will usually be to
charge into hand to hand, and you get to shoot them up
on the way in.	:)

Which is why I hate specializing my units to do one
thing and one thing only.  Semper Gumby!

John

Prev: RE: [HIST??] Culture shock Next: RE: [HIST??] Culture shock