Prev: JUNGLE PATROL Next: Re: JUNGLE PATROL

Re: JUNGLE PATROL

From: KH.Ranitzsch@t...
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 16:51:31 +0200 (CEST)
Subject: Re: JUNGLE PATROL

DAWGFACE47@webtv.net schrieb:

> played an interesting small 40K game this week thaat i
> think would make an interest -ing SGII scenario, if y'all happen to
hav
> the figures  for it.

Could equally well be played with lizardmen or other primitives.

> the setting was on a newly discovered planet that had
> once been home to a high tech civilization that had, appparently,
been
> blasted out of existence about  30,000 years	ago. todate no
survivors
> of the humanoid race have been discovered.

Nice scenario. And seems you had a nice game.

However, in terms of realism I have a bit of a problem with it. Given
reasonable technology (say, available today or within a few years), how
likely is it that no trace of a stone-age population would be found in
a world-wide search ? If ruins have been found, we can be sure a
thorough search would happen.

Certainly, if the primitives have fire, that would stand out on
thermal/IR scanners carried by UAVs or satellites. Without fire, things
might be a bit more iffy.

> the battle is fought between a routine jungle patrol
> operating in the vicinity of the ruins of  massive, jungle covered
city

If no potential enemy has been found, what is a full-scale military
patrol doing out there ? Some kind of exploring party or possibly
hunters might be more plausible.

Greetings

Prev: JUNGLE PATROL Next: Re: JUNGLE PATROL