Prev: Re: [HIST??] Culture shock Next: Re: [HIST??] Culture shock

RE: [HIST??] Culture shock

From: Beth.Fulton@c...
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 16:22:14 +1000
Subject: RE: [HIST??] Culture shock

G'day,

> By the same notion, over estimating your enemy can result in cake
> walks where you loose more of your troops to friendly fire and
> accidents than to enemy fire....

Something I'd like to see crop up in games, especially SG etc. Has
anyone
tried TomB's (or others) friendly fire ideas? How did they go?

> The important factor is that you either over estimate or get your
> accounting for enemy capabilities accurate. The expectation of human
> wave tactics in Korea after the initial attacks as the basis for all
> later attacks was a pretty valid one. The statement that all Japanese
> Pilots were nearsighted and couldn't fly combat aircraft worth a damn
> prior to WWII wasn't a valid notion....

This is the kind of scenario/campaign stuff I'd like to try out. May be
play
a few games where x is characterised in one way and then follow up with
another scenario where x is very different (a shot out of left field).

Cheers

Prev: Re: [HIST??] Culture shock Next: Re: [HIST??] Culture shock