Prev: Re: GUN CRAZED COWBOY? Next: Re: [HIST??] Culture shock

Re: What passport?

From: Oerjan Ohlson <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Sat, 22 Jun 2002 23:42:51 +0200
Subject: Re: What passport?

KHR wrote:

> > I suspect that in time all of the EU may let passport requirements
ease
> > for inter EU travel of EU citizens
>
>It has already. No European needs a passport to travel within the EU.
>However, most countries insist that their citizens carry proof of
identity.

Proof of *identity* alone doesn't cut it, I'm afraid; you also need
proof
of *citizenship*... which means that unless your ID card mentions what
EU
state you're a citizen of, you still need your passport.

Of course, Swedish ID cards rarely if ever mention the citizenship of
the
holder :-/

Later,

Oerjan
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.

Prev: Re: GUN CRAZED COWBOY? Next: Re: [HIST??] Culture shock