Prev: RE: [OT]Infantry computer training Next: Re: FOG OF BATTLE

Re: Congratulations Germany... and USA

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@a...>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2002 10:16:31 -0500
Subject: Re: Congratulations Germany... and USA

On Fri, 21 Jun 2002 16:03:29 +0200 (CEST), KH.Ranitzsch@t-online.de
wrote:

>> but it appeared that Germany played
>> intelligently and treated team USA with respect, something other
>teams did
>> not (to their folly).
>
>Perhaps a bit too cautiously, the Americans had some excellent
>chances.

That's the feeling I got. My Dad (an avid soccer fan who had uncles that
played professionally in Scotland, one for the national team) always got
frustrated with defensive, "hold the lead" games. One mistake and
suddenly
you're tied and the momentum has shifted.

>No need for that anymore ;-)

I see I have to check the Soccer web sites! *L* It's frustrating being a
soccer fan in the Deep South.

>> I refuse to cheer for Brazil
>
>They have played pretty nicely this time around.

They are good to watch if they get a team that _wants_ to win, like
against
France last World Cup. The problem against Italy is that neither team
wanted
to win so much as both teams were scared to lose.

>There are other criteria
>How about cheering for, say, the plucky underdog - Senegal, or a team
>with surprising endurance - South Korea, or...

That's very true! I have a soft spot for Senegal, but when I cheer for
the
Underdog (so far Ireland and the US) I always end up disappointed!

http://www.hyperbear.com

unimaginable mortician was revealed!"
 - from the Random H.P. Lovecraft Story Generator:

Prev: RE: [OT]Infantry computer training Next: Re: FOG OF BATTLE