Prev: Re: Anti-matter Next: Re: Anti-matter

Congratulations Germany... and USA

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@a...>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2002 08:27:32 -0500
Subject: Congratulations Germany... and USA

Congratulations to Germany on their Round of 8 victory over the USA in
the
World Cup.

Congratulations to the USA for an excellent run. I only saw the last
part of
the game, but it appeared that Germany played intelligently and treated
team
USA with respect, something other teams did not (to their folly).

As a Scot who grew up in Canada, and as a soccer fan, I feel that team
USA's
performance can only be good for soccer in North America (at least that
part
of N.A. north of Mexico...).

Of course, now that the US is out (since I live in the US), I have no
one to
root for. As a Scot I just _can't_ cheer on England! I refuse to cheer
for
Brazil (I'm still peeved at the awful, boring final game a couple of
World
Cup's ago with Brazil against Italy; which is why I wasn't cheering on
Italy,
either, though I'm 1/8 Italian). Looks like I'm cheering on Germany, as
their
the closest to my Celtic roots!

http://www.hyperbear.com

unimaginable mortician was revealed!"
 - from the Random H.P. Lovecraft Story Generator:

Prev: Re: Anti-matter Next: Re: Anti-matter