Prev: Re: [SG] Platoon make up, exoskeleton PA and drones Next: Re: Re: Re: [OT] Completely off-topic and useless celebrating re: World Cup

RE: [SG] Platoon make up, exoskeleton PA and drones

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 14:26:41 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: RE: [SG] Platoon make up, exoskeleton PA and drones

--- Beth.Fulton@csiro.au wrote:

> Thinking back to this yesterday. Does it turn out
> that speed is the only
> thing you'd consider makes them worth grouping
> together?

Nope.

1)You can move the whole squad into more dangerous
situations, ie if they are working with unarmored
troops then you're more worried about enemy fire
because they will drop dead.  You can take more
risks(more risks = more gains) than you can with
unarmored troops.

2)Close combat.

3)Psychological effect.  Real Life and on the board,
PA concentrates you're opponent's min wonderfully.
Once you have him reacting to whatever your PA does,
then you can smack him silly with the rest of your
force.

> One of the guys here started rabbiting about it
> being firepower yesterday
> and it lost me as otherwise why don't SAW's etc all
> get lumped together?

Because without SAWs your rifle squads are almost
useless.

John