Prev: [SG & DS] Vehicle construction questions Next: Re: [OT] Completely off-topic and useless celebrating re: World Cup

Re: [SG & DS] Vehicle construction questions

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 13:41:34 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: [SG & DS] Vehicle construction questions

--- Tomb <tomb@dreammechanics.com> wrote:

I don't have the SGII book in front of me, so I'm not
touching the GMS question.  I've learned my lesson on
trying to cite construction rules from memory.

> Plus in SG, an APSW (free) must be pintle, not under
> armour. How about
> DS2 APSW? I think it can be presumed under armour
> right? (or at least,
> no special rules for attacking unprotected APSW
> gunners exist IIRC).

The exact quote is from page 11, 2nd column, last
paragraph.

"All military vehicles are fitted with one "free" APSW
capable of all-round fire; this weapon does not count
toward any weapons fit limitations, or take up any
capacity.  [This is assumed to be a machinegun or
equivalent, on an external remote mounting.
Additional APSWs may be fitted if desired, but any
such extras each occupy ONE capacity point and DO
count towards total weapons fit limitations."

So it's a remote weapon mounted on the top of the
turret or simillar location.

Frankly, regardless of what the SGII construction
rules say precisely, all my tanks have remote mounts
for their weapons.  I'm not a real big fan of fighting
unbuttoned if (and only if) you have the electronic
sights to pull off fighting buttoned.

John