Prev: RE: Re: [OT] Completely off-topic re: travelling Next: RE: Re: Re: [OT] Completely off-topic and useless celebrating re: World Cup

Tree Bases and Big Countries

From: "Tom Barclay" <kaladorn@m...>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 16:07:57 -0400
Subject: Tree Bases and Big Countries

Mr. Sarno had a neat tree basing scheme:

Base on some sort of hardboard is about 1/8" of green clay flocked. But
this allows trees to be pushed in! (Trees have trunks with no base on
them). You can thus create thick or thin forests easily.

As to the whole "My country is bigger than yours" (grin).... I recall
talking to a European and telling them that the trip from Ottawa to
Thunder Bay was about 22-24 hours of driving (averaging about 80-90 kph
over that interval). And that was still inside ONE PROVINCE. I've done
Ottawa to Charlottetown PEI in about 24 hours. I've done Vancouver to
Toronto in about 4 days with a co-driver (though we did sleep for a
night or two in the trip). But none of these involves anything but (for
the most part) good quality multi-lane highways where one can do 100-130
kph comfortably.

And frankly, if you've driven Manitoba-Ontario border to Rocky Mountains
(or the reverse), you'll have to say you might as well drive it at
night. Not much to see.... and hot in the summer!

To bring this OT (heh!), I"m sure that GZGverse colonial farmers and
outposters get quite a culture shock if they ever have to visit Terra.
That'll make a Torontonian in Louisianna seem like a born-n-bred native.

PS - Once you've been to Scotland, where else would you need to go?
<*grin*>

Tomb