Prev: Re: Re: [OT] Completely off-topic and useless celebrating re: World Cup Next: Re: [OT] Completely off-topic and useless celebrating re: World Cup

Re: [OT] Completely off-topic and useless celebrating re: World Cup

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@a...>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 09:33:51 -0500
Subject: Re: [OT] Completely off-topic and useless celebrating re: World Cup

On Thu, 20 Jun 2002 09:56:32 -0400, JRebori682@aol.com wrote:

> First, the 2 nations we share physical borders with don't require
passports
> for US citizens to cross. Quite a few of us have visited Canada and
Mexico
> that way.

True, but it makes life easier post 9/11 if you _do_ have a passport.

> Lastly, I just this weekend took a trip to see my parents. 750 miles
round
> trip. Only went from NYC to the Shenandoah valley, of ACW fame, in
western
> Virginia. Hardly a decent line on most US maps.

Don't forget how quick you could do that trip, too. I used to drive from
Toronto to Milwaukee for GenCon. 12 hour drive (had to dipsy doodle
around a
couple of Great Lakes). The total trip was 1100 km, one way. That's
like,
what, Barcelona to Munich?

> Most Europeans, even a lot of Americans, don't really grasp the size
of this
> country, or the variety contained inside it.

Very true. My Mississippi friends didn't believe I could do Toronto to
New
Orleans (actually, Southern Mississippi, an hour from N. O. ) in two
days.
Toronto to Nashville: 13 hours. Nashville to southern MS: 7 hours. Total
trip,
about 2000 km.

> I also don't think most Americans travel enough, but I think most
people in
> general don't travel enough.

Very true!

http://www.hyperbear.com

unimaginable mortician was revealed!"
 - from the Random H.P. Lovecraft Story Generator: