Prev: RE: Re: [SG, DS] Combat Engineers Next: RE: [SG] Adrian's Medics

[SG] Adrian's Medics

From: "Tomb" <tomb@d...>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 11:32:11 -0400
Subject: [SG] Adrian's Medics

Adrian wrote:

Your medic unit (the 2 troopers) have to move to within unit coherency
of the unit with injured troopers, or that unit has to move within unit
coherency of the medics. The actual reorg action has to be spent by the
unit with the wounded, but if a medic team is within coherency, their
bonus gets added. In effect, they join the unit very briefly, just for
the purposes of that check. Then, they can both go their separate ways.
The medic team CAN'T take the reorganize action on behalf of the larger
unit.

[Tomb] Why not? I'd only let it treat the wounded (not do other re-org
stuff). Our medics seemed willing to be treating wounded while the rest
of us were fighting!

[Tomb] And why isn't this up on House Rules at www.stargrunt.ca? I hear
if you submit it, they'll get it up pretty quick. The webmaster
especially is supposed to be pretty quick. :-P

[Tomb] And more generally, this plus some other thinking the other day
brought up a point: Do modern medics travel armed? Does the Geneva
Convention not restrict the arms medics may bear? (It does IIRC restrict
the role they can play). And if there is a weapons stricture, is it
followed in standard infantry formations and in spec ops formations? (In
our infantry unit, I don't recall the medics being armed for the
excercises, but there weren't many of them so I may misrecall).

Prev: RE: Re: [SG, DS] Combat Engineers Next: RE: [SG] Adrian's Medics