Prev: Re: [SG] Platoon make up, exoskeleton PA and drones Next: [SG] chitless SG2

[SG] Chitless Stargrunt

From: "Thomas Barclay" <kaladorn@m...>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 00:00:00 -0400
Subject: [SG] Chitless Stargrunt

I was thinking about the whole
"quality/leadership on the bottom of a
penny/figure" idea. And I thought of what Jon T
said to do (to copy a counter sheet onto a
sheet of self adhesive plastic).

I thought "But the counters are square!".

But then I thought "Jim, I'm a computer geek
not a ship's doctor, dammit!"

So (after some scanning of full counter pages,
then some cutting and transparentizing):
http://www.magma.ca/~kaladorn/Green1.jpg
http://www.magma.ca/~kaladorn/Regular1.jpg

(Scale to taste - note these are the colours,
given distortions of scanning and display, off
the actual counter sheet!)

These are just samples. Now, if I can find a
source of self adhesive plastic that will work in
an inkjet (or colour laser if I take it to a copy
shop), I'll have that half covered. Failing that, I
guess copying onto a normal transparency film
would work. But it would lack the advantage of
the self adhesive stuff - the ability to change the
figure info just by sticking on a new value.

Still, I think the idea is sound. I've got a gaming
day arranged for July 13th/14th (Hi Adrian!)
and I'm going to try very hard to see to it that
we can play an entirely chitless game by then.

Tomb.
Thomas Barclay
Co-Creator of http://www.stargrunt.ca
Stargrunt II and Dirtside II game site

No Battle Plan Survives Contact With Dice.
-- Mark 'Indy' Kochte

Prev: Re: [SG] Platoon make up, exoskeleton PA and drones Next: [SG] chitless SG2