Next: Re: [SG] Platoon make up, exoskeleton PA and drones

Re: Chitless Game

From: "John Crimmins" <johncrim@v...>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2002 16:43:21 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: Chitless Game

On Mon, 17 Jun 2002 13:18:12 -0400, "Tom Barclay" <kaladorn@magma.ca>
wrote :
> How _would_ you represent a buried mine or CDM on a penny? A CDM would
> look like a little claymore mine or something? What about a burined
> mine? Just a patch of earth with a mound on it, or would you make a
> little disk that looked like a round mine lying on the ground?
>
> --> Tomb: Claymore -- CDM. Something on a couple of small legs. Normal
> mine, burried. Take penny, apply some putty, flatten it out. Then
apply
> a small mound in the center. Flock the outer part, leave the inner
part
> painted the colour of turned earth. (Yes, I know you try to hide the
> mine... But this is just a reference counter!).

Do you folks know that the Armory made (and probably still makes) a pack
of modern
military...stuff?  They called it "Battlefile Debris", or something like
that.  It included a
coil or rope, some jerry cans, and a lot of other things -- including a
pair of claymores.

Not super high quality, but the pack was/is 25mm scale, and pretty cheap
to boot.  Might
be worth looking for if people are serious about making these counters.

--
John Crimmins
johncrim@voicenet.com

Next: Re: [SG] Platoon make up, exoskeleton PA and drones