Prev: Re: [FMA] OU take the interstellar Cup Next: Alt universe ship design

Re: [OT] Nice folks!

From: Roger Burton West <roger@f...>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2002 15:59:51 +0100
Subject: Re: [OT] Nice folks!

On Mon, Jun 17, 2002 at 09:48:48AM -0400, laserlight@quixnet.net wrote:
>>http://firedrake.org/roger/ft/sg2points.html
>>I'd welcome comments.
>
>I already mentioned the first two of these but I'll repeat them to the
list just to consolidate:
>1. how do you handle limited ammo items (eg IAVR, GMS)

I don't, yet. For a one-off tactical game (which is after all what the
points system is really meant for), I'm not sure that it's worth taking
into account.

>2. it's now clear (to me, anyway) what to do for a close-assault
dieshift

I'll made it clearer...

>3. You've got sensors included for every trooper, at the same value as
armor and movement.  Perhaps that's a little high?  Are sensors *really*
worth that much?

I play a lot of hidden-unit games. :-)

Yes, fair enough; I'll probably bring it down to between 2x and 5x the
die size rather than 10x. Suggestions?

Prev: Re: [FMA] OU take the interstellar Cup Next: Alt universe ship design