Prev: Re: IF stuff. . . Next: RE: [SG, DS] Combat Engineers

Re: [SG] Platoon make up, exoskeleton PA and drones

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2002 17:27:12 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: [SG] Platoon make up, exoskeleton PA and drones

--- DAWGFACE47@webtv.net wrote:
> interesting. too my knowlwdge the  USA  used 28
> combat infantry TOEa in
> the  RVN-this excludes  advisory groups and  special
> operations
> formations

Still experimenting.

We're down to 5 now.  Airborne, Air Assault, Light
Infantry, Infantry, Ranger, and Mechanized.

Plus the slightly experimental Force XXI and IBCT
organizations.

> each rifle  company had a HQ platoon,  2 rifle
> platoons, and a weapons
> platoon.

2 platoons?  Yerk!!  What's the company reserve?  How
do you weight the main effort?	That's stupid.

> each combat support and reconn company had a HQ
> platoon  1 mortar
> platooon, 1 106mm recoil less rifle platoon, a recon
> platoon.

That makes sense.  Needs ADA assets to fight against
anyone but guerillas, but otherwise good.

John

Prev: Re: IF stuff. . . Next: RE: [SG, DS] Combat Engineers