Prev: Re: Mail order source for Laserburn / TableTop Minis found ... Next: Re: Unknown Target: DS2

Re: Unknown Target: DS2

From: "Robin Paul" <Robin.Paul@t...>
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2002 16:25:51 +0100
Subject: Re: Unknown Target: DS2

----- Original Message -----
From: Ground Zero Games <jon@gzg.com>
To: <gzg-l@csua.berkeley.edu>
Sent: Sunday, June 16, 2002 10:30 AM

> >http://www.felixent.force9.co.uk/games/art21.html
> >
> >There is a .... VTOL?... about half way down the
> >page (1006.jpg). Anyone have any idea if this
> >is/was a real kit or is a scratchbuilt? It's kinda
> >unique and I like that feature. I'm wondering
> >what it is/was.
>
> I'm pretty sure it's a scratchbuild - I can't even figure out what
it's
> built from!
SNIP
> Jon (GZG)
> >
> >Thanks for any info....
> >
> >T.B.
> >---------------------------------------------
> >Thomas Barclay

I pretty sure it's the hull of a German 4-wheeled WW2 light armoured
car,
Sd.Kfz. 221 or 222 or 223, used inverted and reversed. The front of the
VTOL
is the stern of the car. It looks like a 1/35 kit- probably Tamiya I
suppose- and for smaller scales it appears in the Airfix 1/76 "German
reconnaissance set", and as a Micromachine in garish colours.

Rob Paul

Prev: Re: Mail order source for Laserburn / TableTop Minis found ... Next: Re: Unknown Target: DS2