Prev: Re: TABLETOP DEBRIS Next: Re: FTSR?

Re: TABLETOP DEBRIS

From: "John Crimmins" <johncrim@v...>
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2002 14:37:01 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: TABLETOP DEBRIS

On Fri, 14 Jun 2002 13:08:37 -0500, Allan Goodall <agoodall@att.net>
wrote :
> I favour putting the quality/leadership on the bottom of the figure on
> sticker. It's easier than building all the different type of status
bases
> you'd need. It would also allow you to add lichen to the status marker
base as
> a method of showing suppression.

Personally, even though a game that *looks* good is important to me, I
can live with
the chits.  But then, I'm a lazy bastard, and I don't think that the
chits really detract
all that much from the appearance of the board.

However.  If you *really* wanted to, you could add a small piece of wire
to the rear of
unit leader's base.  Nothing much, just half an inch long, sticking
straght up.  And then
you could use small beads to denote the unit and leader quality -- 2 red
beads denote
a level 2 leader and an elite unit.  Visible, easy to change, but not
*too* ostentatious.

A second wire could be used to track confidence in a similar fashion,
and you indicate the
other things (like In Position) with other colors of beads.

--
John Crimmins
johncrim@voicenet.com

Prev: Re: TABLETOP DEBRIS Next: Re: FTSR?