Prev: Re: (FT,SGII) Summer Offensive (shameless plug) Next: Re: TABLETOP DEBRIS

Re: TABLETOP DEBRIS

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@a...>
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2002 13:08:37 -0500
Subject: Re: TABLETOP DEBRIS

On Fri, 14 Jun 2002 12:48:39 -0400, "laserlight@quixnet.net"
<laserlight@quixnet.net> wrote:

> If you have a separate base with no figure, you could use it as a
status
> marker. Put a sticker with QD/Ldr on the bottom.  Texture and flock
the top.
> Drop a smoke puff for "activated" *and* a twig for "IP" *and* a pebble
for
> "steady" (etc).  That way you have a single marker which covers
everything.

>Maybe different colored rocks for vaious morale levels.

Ah. A single "status stand". The only trick is that if you are going to
drop
things into it, you're going to pop things into it, you're going to make
it
hard to see what's written on the bottom.

What would the status stand need to denote: quality/leadership,
confidence,
suppression, IP, activation. Let's assume, for a minute, that it won't
handle
casualties.

Quality/leadership: small lichen shrubs the colour of the quality die.
Lichen
comes, as I think I mentioned, in yellow, green, blue, red, and orange.
Confidence: small rocks of one colour. I have some in red that would
work,
subtracting one as confidence drops.
Suppresson: a bigger rock (not too big) of a different colour. Perhaps
white
or black.
Activation: a puff of smoke. Or, if you have create some tiny "cartridge
case"
markers, place that on the marker.
IP: a twig works. Or, you can place one of the squad figures in the
status
marker, if it's big enough.

I favour putting the quality/leadership on the bottom of the figure on a
sticker. It's easier than building all the different type of status
bases
you'd need. It would also allow you to add lichen to the status marker
base as
a method of showing suppression.

http://www.hyperbear.com

unimaginable mortician was revealed!"
 - from the Random H.P. Lovecraft Story Generator:

Prev: Re: (FT,SGII) Summer Offensive (shameless plug) Next: Re: TABLETOP DEBRIS