Prev: Re: contra grav anyone? Next: [FT] Attack of the Death Star II AAR

Re: contra grav anyone?

From: Randall Joiner <rljoiner@m...>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 22:16:04 -0700
Subject: Re: contra grav anyone?

 From the side bar:
		 Even if Chiao's contraption works, it wouldn't allow
the
		 generation of antigravity fields, as Russian materials
		 scientist Eugene Podkletnov, then at Tampere
		 University of Technology in Finland, controversially
		 claimed to have observed in 1992 (see link ).
Antigravity
		 requires canceling out a powerful, static
gravitoelectric
		 field, yet superconductors have no effect on such
fields

This isn't anti-gravity or contragravity, but the production of gravity
waves.

Note also, this is not necessarily the same gravity a la Newton.  This
is
the generation of gravito-magnetic waves...  The gravity generated by a
moving mass...	Einstein's backyard so to speak.  What we would consider

normal gravity is gravito-electric, or the gravity of stationary
mass...  (for all practical purposes the earth is stationary to us)

Podkletnov was claiming the deflection of gravito-electric gravity...
And
has been "debunked" as some people are found of putting it.

To bring this on topic, this could be, IMHO one of the first steps in
creating grav technology...  Grav plates, drives, etc.	For a near time
deal, it might be used instead of a spinning rec area for astronauts to
exercise in.

Rand.

http://www.sciam.com/article.cfm?articleID=00032353-36AB-1CDC-B4A8809EC5