Prev: Dropships vs. Dropcaps Next: Re: landings (SG/DS)

IF stuff. . .

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 20:33:22 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: IF stuff. . .

OK, it's with much trepidation that I mention this. .
.

http://www.angelfire.com/va/basileus/laserlight.html

contains a discussion (in the style of previous
writeups of NAC and NSL troops) of Laserlight's IF
infantry company, which I refer to as Light Mechanized
for lack of a better descriptor.  I nominated it to be
Omani as it looks somewhat British to me and, after
Jordan, the Omanis have (IIRC) a closer relationship
to Britain.

Yes, I know it's not politically correct.

PLEASE do not respond on list with a long list of my
personal shortcomings.	It's like wrestling a pig.[1]
Feel free to do so in private.

DO respond onlist with comments on the technical
aspects (ie, the TO&E itself/my opinion thereof,
rather than my opinion of the fighting qualities of
the average Arab).

I intend to expand it to cover the IF TO&E on the
Stargrunt.ca page and the Feyda-whatevers.  Then
follow on with discussion of my DSII-oriented TO&Es.
It's going to be quite long, but then again we seem to
have at least 3 IF organizational charts floating
around done by 3 different people with 3 different
mental pictures of how the IF fights,, which is
actually quite appropriate if you ask me.  I know the
one on Stargrunt.ca is the one I was using as a base
for the expanded organization I wrote up, but even
then it got modified somewhat.

The next in the chute is the PAU's Mobile Group off of
Stargrunt.ca.

Someone asked me about doing writeups of NRE units
from a NAC perspective.

The problem is that the NAC, like the US/UK today
focuses on semi-generic "OPFOR" organizations while
cleverly skirting the question of just who exactally
we are training to fight.  Just because Krasnovians
look like an Iraqi Repubican Guard Mechanized Brigade
on Steroids does not mean we are training to fight
Iraqis.

The NRE is far more honest and straightforward.

John

[1]You both get dirty, but the pig enjoys it.

Prev: Dropships vs. Dropcaps Next: Re: landings (SG/DS)