Prev: Re: DS2 design querIES - NPC (Native People's Circle) Next: Re: POLITICIANS AND OTHERS IN GAMING

Re: HARKEN

From: Glenn M Wilson <triphibious@j...>
Date: Fri, 07 Jun 2002 12:15:05 EDT
Subject: Re: HARKEN

whatever, it assumes rational behavior though... not a Hu'man trait
despite all the stereotyping of th Kra'vak notwithstanding.

We could try it.  What would we call it - Free Fire Zone?

And what if it leaks back over?

Gracias,
Glenn/Triphibious@juno.com
Historical - Warbeads@juno.com

On Mon, 3 Jun 2002 09:42:53 +0100 Ground Zero Games <jon@gzg.com>
writes:
>>DAWGFACE47@webtv.net wrote:
>>>
>>> NOW  that  CLINTOON is gone, i am back to watching my favorite war
>hero
>>> politician-TOM HARKEN.
>>>
>>> i am curious to hear/read how many more  NVA he slaughtered after
>>> breaking out of a POW camp, stealing a sailboat and  sailing to
>safety.
>>>
>>> or maybe he is slaughtering al-quida  undercover in his old  age
>now.
>>>
>>> THROW THE BUMS OUT!
>>
>>And this has to do with GZG games.......how?
>
>Quite.
>I normally try not to comment on the off-topic discussions, especially
>when
>they evolve from an at-first legitimate thread, but this one has just
>sprung into being with no connection at all to any previous on-topic
>item -
>no offence, Dawgie, but this just simply isn't relevant - I'm sure
>there
>are plenty of US poltical discussion forums that this would fit right
>into.
>
>Following from this and all the other problems of non-topicality and
>brushfire flame wars recently, with the attendant departure of several
>list
>members that we know of (and probably quite a few lurkers too), it did
>cross my mind that there might be an example to draw from another list
>I'm
>on.
>
>On John Kovalic's Dork Tower mailing list (for the Dork Tower comics,
>if
>you're not familiar with them - Hi John, if you're listening....),
>John K
>has simply set up an separate sub-list, called "Mud Bay Today" (Mud
>Bay is
>the fictional town in which DT is set) specifically for anything that
>is
>drastically off-topic or inflammatory to the main DT list. As soon as
>anyone on the DT list mentions anything to do with (eg) gun control,
>religious intolerance, politics etc etc, they are immediately told
>(usually
>by several list members, not by an admin overlord)  to take it onto
>the
>"MBT" list, where anyone interested in following the thread can do so
>and
>the rest of us can get on wiht the topical stuff. AFAIK, on "MBT"
>anything
>goes, and you can flame away until the brushfire war turns into full
>nuclear exchange if you wish...... BUT only those who are really
>interested
>will be getting the mails - if you want to follow a particular thread,
>just
>sub on to that list for a while and come off it again when the thread
>is
>over or everyone is dead - in some ways it could have a gruesome sort
>of
> [...]

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!

Prev: Re: DS2 design querIES - NPC (Native People's Circle) Next: Re: POLITICIANS AND OTHERS IN GAMING