Prev: Re: [OT] It's D-Day (well, the 58th anniversary)! Next: Re: PCS/NPCS AND UNLIMITED SCENARIO IDEAS

Re: KILLDOZERS

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2002 13:05:47 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: KILLDOZERS

--- Laserlight <laserlight@quixnet.net> wrote:
> > lesson NO 1 to a an old  grunt is never let
> anything that is  meaner
> > than you or as mean as you to  have a chance to
> hurt ya!
>
> I hought Lesson One is "Never Volunteer"--of which a

You know, as much as everyone says that, some
judicious volunteering is ocassionally useful.	I got
the day more or less off (shepherding kindergarteners
is downright relaxing if you don't have to do it day
in and day out, even if the little hooligans were
wired up from it being the day before the lost day of
school) as a result of volunteering.

> subset is
> "Shooting at people attracts their attention.  And
> incoming fire has
> the right of way."

For which see S L A Marshall's book.  Yes, I disagree
with some of his methods and the exact numbers.
However, the conclusions he reaches are 100%.
However, the use of popup targets and regular
force-on-force exercises has largely solved this
problem for US troops. . .

John

Prev: Re: [OT] It's D-Day (well, the 58th anniversary)! Next: Re: PCS/NPCS AND UNLIMITED SCENARIO IDEAS