Prev: Re: POLITICIANS AND OTHERS IN GAMING Next: [FT] Death Star II scenario

[OT] It's D-Day (well, the 58th anniversary)!

From: "Tomb" <tomb@d...>
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2002 12:44:18 -0400
Subject: [OT] It's D-Day (well, the 58th anniversary)!

Sorry for the OT, but I just noticed the date!

It isn't exactly rememberance day, or veterans day, or anything like
that. But it is the anniversary of the Allied Invasion of Europe. I'm
going to intentionally NOT say anything more to spark any sort of
controversy on the importance or not of this event, but I just wanted to
note it since I didn't see a darn thing about it today's paper! <grrr>

Anyway, to focus on the GZG points:

DS:

How do people usually run orbital landings? Do you usually use
invulnerable landers that just deploy the troops to the table *presto*
or do you usually let weapons engage them? Do your landers usually hang
around and fight?

SG:

Has anyone noticed the wide scatter for SG OA landings? It would seem to
me by this time period, you should be able to land on a dime (with grav
chutes, thrust packs, blah blah PSB blah). I find any kind of airborne
or orbital insertaion leaves you scattered to hell and gone.... (kind of
D-day ish!).

BOTH:

And how to you do heliborne insertion from a hover in either case
(DS/SG)? Both the standard hover and the free-rappel variety? Would
these (esp the latter) let you insert troops where a normal LZ could not
exist according to the rules? And how to represent assault gliders in
either, or insertion via hang glider or ultralight? Or zepellin?

Just some grist for the mill. I may have to watch the beginning of SPR
again tonight as I pack for CampCon II.

T.

Prev: Re: POLITICIANS AND OTHERS IN GAMING Next: [FT] Death Star II scenario