Prev: Re: POLITICIANS AND OTHERS IN GAMING Next: Re: MY BUDDY

Re: Weapon Modelling

From: Richard and Emily Bell <rlbell@s...>
Date: Wed, 05 Jun 2002 18:47:55 -0400
Subject: Re: Weapon Modelling

Tomb wrote:

> [Tomb]: Richard, please tell me what the difference between a ship of
> arbitrary mass of thrust 4 and a ship of arbitrary mass of thrust 6
is,
> if neither are under power? The problem is you'd have to do something
> like an SFB-esque Erratic Manouvering concept and have it use up (to
be
> sensible) some of the available thrust (I think in SFB it was 25% or
> something).

Well if you really want to complicate things, you calculate the numbers
for
the full range of possible thrust use, and each player selects the range
band that he would like to use for each opposing ship.	If the thrust
value
for the range band is less than the thrust used by the target, the shot
misses (no dice rolled).  The modifier for high thrust represents the
problem that you are not firing at the target, but where it might be
based
on where it was.  The range modifier represents an attempt to cover all
of
the bases.  Lightspeed delays require the weapon to be fired before the

Prev: Re: POLITICIANS AND OTHERS IN GAMING Next: Re: MY BUDDY